Experience the Best View of Melbourne
Duration : Before sunrise till 10:00 am approx. 5 hrs
Departure : Pull On The Park Hotel Address: 192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Meet up Time : You will receive a message by pilot a night before ( depends on the weather )
The Melbourne Balloon Flight package includes:
- Approximate 1 hour balloon flight over/around Melbourne (depending on the wind direction)
- Experience with the Best pilot in the world
- Discounted undercover parking at the Pullman Hotel for a flat fee of $10
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees in and around the city
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria’s leading hot air ballooning operator with the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- A carbon neutral flight – Global Ballooning Australia is the only Victorian operator to offset our carbon emissions
- In-flight photography on most flights – opportunity to purchase photos at breakfast on a USB for $20
- A flight certificate, postcard and exclusive e-coupon booklet to prove it happened
- Flights departing 364 days of the year, weather permitting
The entire experience lasts 4-5 hours in total so usually completed between 10-11am.
- Night before your flight (after 6pm) : Check the flight information (weather update and meeting time) by downloading our app or reading the information on the Melbourne flight update page
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before) : Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; Global Ballooning Australia drive all passengers to launch site. If you are self-driving, we meet at Pullman Melbourne On the Park hotel (meet in the foyer)
- Launch : Passengers assist with the set up/ inflation of the balloon
- Sunrise : Flight for approximately 1 hour
- Land : The pilot will land the balloon; passengers can assist to pack up the balloon
- Breakfast : All passengers are driven back to meeting point which is where breakfast is held (if included in your booking)
This package is wheelchair accessible upon request only. Based on availability.
(Please mention it inside the message box after you check out the payment)
Breakfast- Extra $35 pp
- A buffet breakfast (including complimentary champagne) is held after the balloon flight at the Pullman on the Park hotel, if included at the time of booking. In some of our accommodation packages, you may have breakfast included at your accommodation instead of at the Pullman
- You may invite extra people to join you for the champagne breakfast at $35 per person
- For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date
- If the flight is cancelled, breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
We meet 2 hours before sunrise & our meeting point is:
Pullman On the Park hotel (meet in the foyer)
192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Metered parking is available on Wellington Parade or Clarendon Street, East Melbourne.
$10 discounted parking is also available for Global Ballooning Australia passengers underneath the Pullman on the Park hotel.
If the flight is cancelled…
If the flight is cancelled due to bad weather, contact the office within 12 months of your first cancelled balloon flight to rebook for another day.
Rebooking Your Flight OR Receiving a Refund
If your flight has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, please contact our office as soon as possible to rebook or request a refund. Payment received for your flight will be held in credit and applied to the rebooking. Rebooking must be done within 12 months of the first cancelled flight date. Rebooking a flight date is subject to availability. There will be no refunds for any bookings held on our system for longer than 6 months. For any bookings receiving a refund, a $45 admin fee will be retained.
In the unfortunate event you should have to reschedule or cancel your booking, conditions apply:
- More than 7 days before your flight, you’re welcome to make changes & alterations without any fees incurred. Refunds will incur a $75 admin fee.
- Between 7 days & 48 hours before your flight – a $50 per person cancellation/alteration fee will be charged; weekday flights will need to be rescheduled on a weekday only, excluding public holidays. Refunds will also incur a $75 admin fee.
- Within 48 hours of your flight no changes are permitted – passengers are advised to make their own insurance provisions in the case of unforseen circumstances including being unwell to fly due to illness. Under no circumstances will flights be refunded or rescheduled if passengers cancel or do not show for their ballooning experience on the morning of the scheduled flight.
Cancellation fees are strictly non-refundable
Group Bookings, Proposals, Private Flights OR Customised Events/Packages have separate cancellation, alteration & refund conditions which will be emailed to you or your agent prior to booking. They alter depending on the number of passengers and the date booked. Strictly, no changes are to be made within 14 days of your flight date. These are specified on the group booking documentation supplied or via email. Global Ballooning Australia reserves the right to amend these fees and notice periods. When special circumstances arise, some of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by those published on your booking confirmation documentation.
Prices Per person – Public tour – 1 to 10 passengers
$495 now only $475
$395 now only $375 (6 to 12 years old)
Extra Breakfast option:
Child $20 6 to 12 years old)
Please insert the contact number and the leader name in the Billing Details after you check out .
We will send you the Entrance ticket voucher within 24hrs.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. With the traveller who purchased with Delightful Travel. We will offer 20% off on your insurance.
Terms and Condition
Please makes sure you read the Terms and Condition Before you place the Booking.
All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and include GST
Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (18+) for the duration of the tour