Immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature within the urban ecosanctuary of Zealandia. Spanning 225 hectares in Wellington, this is one of the world’s largest conservation projects aimed to turn back time and the damage created by human settlement, restoring the land back to its flourishing native flora and fauna. Although an estimated 500 years are needed before it can be fully restored it to its original state, the sanctuary has already reintroduced six species of birds which have not been seen for the past 100 years. You’ll feel one with nature as you walk or bike around the forests and valleys of this piece of paradise. Visit and learn about the unique bird life, such as the iconic kiwi bird. To pair with your daytime experience, see the urban sanctuary at night by torchlight with a guide, where you’ll hear the evening birdsong now saved from extinction.
Zealandia By Night:
- 2.5 hours guided tour of Zealandia at night
- Zealandia by Night Tour commences 30 minutes before sunset, you will be notified of the exact time after booking
- Operating Days: Summer (1 November – 31 March): Daily except Christmas; Winter (1 April – 31 October): Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun
Zealandia By Night Itinerary:
- Tour departs approximately 30 minutes before sunset
- Guide will show you highlights of the interactive exhibition
- Walk through the gates of the predator exclusion fence and hear the evening birdsong that has been absent on mainland New Zealand for more than a century
- Explore the valley by torchlight as your guide leads you in search of some of the more distinctive sights and sounds of Wellington’s native forest
- Tour ends after approximately 2.5 hours
- For Zealandia General Entry, child ticket: Age 5-17, free for infants under 5
- For Zealandia By Night, child ticket: Age 12-17, the minimum age for Zealandia by Night is 12
- The exhibition entry is included in the general entry ticket
Non-Refundable, For Trips affected by COVID-19, Travel Credit can be redeemed within 12 Months. Fare Difference will be charged for High season.