The Te Papa or New Zealand’s National Museum is a national treasure located in the heart of Wellington. Discover the rich history behind New Zealand’s people, geography and culture through a number of curated exhibitions. In your one hour guided tour, you will be introduced to the highlights of the museum, and interesting stories of the significant collections will be shared. Choose an English language tour with multiple timeslots per day, or the Mandarin Chinese tour at 11:30am each day (except Sundays). Feel free to ask your knowledgeable guide any pressing questions you may have about New Zealand’s history. After the tour, you have the freedom to keep exploring the rest of the collections that range from art and design to Maori culture and New Zealand’s natural environment.
our Operating Hours:
Guided Tour in English
- Summer (1 Nov-31 Mar): Daily at 10:15am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 3:00pm
- Winter (1 Apr-31 Oct): Daily at 10:15am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm
Guided Tour in Chinese
- Operates from Monday to Saturday at 11:30am
- Child ticket: Age 5-15
- Free for infants under age 5
- Address: 55 Cable St, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- How to get there: 10 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the Wellington i-Site Center
- Meet up point: Information Desk on level 2
Museum Opening Hours:
10:00am-6:00pm daily except Christmas Day
Non-Refundable, For Trips affected by COVID-19, Travel Credit can be redeemed within 12 Months. Fare Difference will be charged for High season.