The Wellington Cable Car has been running for over 100 years and has long been a cherished parting of Wellington history for locals. Join visitors and locals alike aboard a short journey from the heart of Wellington CBD, through the Kelburn area and past the cosy terraced houses up towards the Kelburn Lookout. After taking in the stunning views of the city skyline and harbor at Te Whanganui-a-Tara, you can easily make your way to several other attractions, from the beautifully landscaped Botanic Gardens to the Space Place or Zealandia. Choose to take the Cable Car back down or take a scenic 40 minute stroll back down if you want to stretch your legs.
- Child Ticket: 5-15
- Infants under 5 travel for free
- Cable wagon is wheelchair accessible
- Tunnel Lights Display opens at 9:00am on weekdays and opens all day on weekends
- Nearby Attractions: Botanic Garden, Space Place, Cable Car Museum and Zealandia (20-30 min walk)
- Cable Car runs every 10 minutes
- Monday to Friday: 7:00am-10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:30am-10:00pm
- Sunday: 8:30am-9:00pm
- Timetable between 24 Dec-4 Jan please refer to the following timetable
Non-Refundable, For Trips affected by COVID-19, Travel Credit can be redeemed within 12 Months. Fare Difference will be charged for High season.