If you’re looking for an exciting activity in New Zealand sans the crowd, then joining this off-the-beaten-track eco-tour in Waitomo is a must! This thrilling tour will take place in one of the two cave systems in New Zealand classified by the Department of Conservation as ‘of international significance.’ Be prepared as you’ll cross freshwater streams, climb over boulders, and do spelunking in this one-of-a-kind adventure. You’ll also get to see the famous Waitomo glowworms, a species that exclusively exists in New Zealand! You’ll be accompanied by an expert guide and a small group of 2 to 8 people for an intimate exploration without the need to hurry.
Meet Up Information:
- Location: Glowing Adventures
- Operating hours: 8:30am, 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, and 2:00pm, daily
- Glowing Adventures at 1199 Oparure Road in the Waitomo District. Please see map for reference
How To Get There:
- 2 hours drive from Rotorua
- You can park your vehicle free of charge while you take your cave tour