Get up close to farming in New Zealand as you head to Glenorchy, nested in the North West side of Lake Wakatipu. In this beautiful road, you’ll head through beautiful forests of greenery that seem almost like paradise. Live commentary is provided on board, telling you about this area, the vital industry of farming, and how this location is so beautiful that it is frequently used as a movie filming location. From forests and mountains, you’ll truly understand why this area is featured in movies for fantasy and the like. This is followed by a visit into Glenorcy town itself, where you get to stop at one of the farms and learn about local farming. There will be a ‘Farm Shed’ experience, and you learn how sheep are sheared in a display put on by the farmer. Meet the animals around the farm, get to know how they’re raised, and even play with them and help feed them. along with meeting farm animals, guests are welcome to hang out with the animals, take photos and feed them. Afterwards, you head back to Queenstown with greater appreciation of the countryside of Glenorchy.
- Wear sturdy shoes and bring a jacket
- Don’t forget your camera, there are plenty of photo opportunities
Non Refundable , For Trips affected By COVID-19, it can be extended within 12 Months to use the credit.
Fare Difference will be charged for High season.
Meet Up Information:
- Time: 7:45am-8:00am or 12:45pm-1:00pm
- Location: Athol Bus Stop. Please refer to the map for assistance
- Please arrive at the meet up location at least 10 minutes prior to the meet up time
How To Get There:
- 2-minute walk from Queenstown i-SITE Visitor Information Centre. Please refer to the map for assistance
- 10-minute self-drive from Queenstown International Airport. Please refer to the map for assistance