Embark on a fascinating journey of discovery with Skyrail Rainforest Cableway over and deep into Australia’s Wet Tropics World Heritage Area that has survived against all odds to become the home of the world’s oldest continually surviving tropical rainforest.
Enjoy a truly unique perspective of this ancient landscape; glide metres above the pristine jungle canopy before descending to explore the rainforest close up.
Travel on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
1. Skyrail is not a common carrier and accordingly reserves the right to refuse to carry any person or property where it considers that to allow carriage would compromise the safety of persons or the operation of the Skyrail or may threaten the environment.
2. Skyrail prides itself on providing very good disability access. However, it may be unable to accommodate a very large or heavy wheelchair. More information about disability access is available on Skyrail’s website or by telephone enquiry.
3. To ensure the safety of its customers and to preserve our world heritage environment, Skyrail reserves the right to inspect any bags or containers to ensure that the contents do not pose a safety risk or potential environmental hazard.
5. You accept the inherent risks of which a prudent person is or should be aware when boarding, riding and disembarking from the Skyrail. You should act in a responsible manner while using the Skyrail. Adults/carers are responsible for persons under their supervision.
6. You must act with good judgment and consideration, both for yourself and others, and refrain from behaviour which could affect your safety or the safety of others.
7. You must obey all reasonable instructions and warnings given by Skyrail and our staff without objection.
8. You are responsible for your own personal property.
9. You warrant that you are in good health and free from any potentially adverse medical condition which may affect your fitness to travel on the Skyrail. If you are uncertain as to whether you can give this warranty, you should seek medical advice.
10. Skyrail endeavours to limit any delay or disruption in service. However, where our service is delayed or disrupted for safety reasons or due to circumstances outside Skyrail’s control (for example, due to inclement weather) Skyrail will not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising from or incidental to any such delay or disruption.
11. Skyrail takes all reasonable precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of others. However, Skyrail accepts liability for injury, loss or damage sustained by a passenger only to the extent that such injury, loss or damage is caused by its, or its employees’ or agents’, wrongful or negligent acts. Skyrail shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, additional expense or inconvenience caused by or damage arising from: (A) circumstances outside of Skyrail’s control, (B) your own acts or omissions, (C) the acts or omissions of another customer, or (D) the acts or omissions of any third party.
12. Skyrail photographs you while you are travelling on the Skyrail. Your photographs are available for you to purchase at the end of your trip. Alternatively, for some tour group packages, your photo is available to download for free on a webpage accessible by all members of your tour group, your tour operator and Skyrail. You expressly consent to your photograph and likeness being used and disclosed for this purpose without compensation. For more information about these procedures, or if you do not want your photograph to be taken, please speak to Skyrail’s staff prior to boarding.
Return (round-trip) or one-way Skyrail experience departing from Smithfield (Cairns) Terminal or Kuranda Terminal.
Choose to spend as little as a few hours, half a day or a full day.
Smithfield (Cairns) Terminal: 6 Skyrail Drive, Smithfield (15 minutes north of Cairns and 50 minutes south of Port Douglas).
For guests in Cairns, Beaches or Port Douglas you will start your experience at the Smithfield (Cairns) Terminal.
Kuranda Terminal: Arara Street, Kuranda.
For guests in Kuranda or on the Atherton Tablelands you will start your experience at the Kuranda Terminal.
Drive yourself or bus transfers are available from selected Cairns City locations. Bus Transfers are not available for Kuranda departures.
- One-way Skyrail 1½ hours
- Return Skyrail: 2½ hours
- Kuranda Village: 2-3 hours
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE UPGRADES
Upgrade to Skyrail Diamond View Gondola
Diamond View Gondola: A one-way Skyrail experience (Diamond View gondola) takes approximately 120 minutes (including stops at the two rainforest mid-stations). Diamond View gondolas are provided for FIT guests (not groups) and can be booked as a one-way experience. Diamond View travel cannot be combined with certain other experiences (e.g. Interpretative Ranger Option and Canopy Glider) for more information, please contact our Reservations Team.
One Way Skyrail Experience: (Upgrade to Diamond View Gondola (additional fee)
Upgrade to Skyrail Canopy Glider (One Way Skyrail: additional fee)
Gondola Capacity: Standard gondolas carry up to a maximum of 6 guests and Diamond View carry a maximum of 5 guests. Both options include children and infants. Non-shared use of gondola cabins is subject to operational conditions and availability. Canopy Glider: up to 4 passengers.
Child Policy: Standard and Diamond View Gondola: Children are aged 4-14 years inclusive. Canopy Glider: 10-14 years inclusive. All children must be accompanied by an adult when travelling on Skyrail. (I.e. standard gondola cabins: 1 adult for every 5 children and 1 adult for every 4 children in Diamond View).
Canopy Glider: 2 DEPARTURES DAILY. Check in times are: 9:15am (Smithfield Terminal) and 1:45pm (Kuranda Terminal). Up to 4 passengers may be booked for each Canopy Glider tour. Child & Family fares do not apply to Canopy Glider. All participants must be 10 years of age or over and children between the ages of 10 and 14 inclusive must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum height is 140cm. Waist measurement must be between 65 and 130 centimetres. There are weight restrictions on the glider and weight must be provided at time of booking. Customers must be agile and able to step up 50cm into a moving gondola. Luggage is limited to one small item and camera and limited to a total of 5kg and all items such as hat, phone, camera must be secured to clothing or body. Passengers will be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and liability form. Cancellation fees apply (Reservations cancelled within 24 hours of travel is subject to 100% cancellation at Skyrail’s discretion). The tour will take between 90-120minutes. Travel will be in a platform that is fully open to inclement weather conditions. Passengers must be in good health and not suffer from vertigo. Minimum booking is 2 passengers. Advance bookings (minimum of 48 hours in advance) are essentials Canopy Glider is available only on request, during off peak periods only.