Daintree Tour Information
Enjoy interpretive rainforest walks, lush picnic lunch site, estuarine crocodile and wildlife spotting on Cooper Creek and, of course, friendly and knowledgeable local guides with Daintree Tours.
Explore the ancient rainforests of the Daintree with a luxury tour from Daintree Tours. Our mission is to showcase some of the highlights of this incredible natural wonder, with visits into the Daintree National Park, Mossman Gorge and a river cruise exploring the waterways rich in flora and fauna.
The northern section of the Daintree National Park is where the rainforest meets the reef and guests will have the opportunity to stroll along the magical beaches.
- Visit the Daintree National Park including Mossman Gorge and Alexandra Lookout
- Daintree River ferry
- Stunning beaches
- Guided rainforest walks
- 1-hour crocodile & wildlife spotting
- Insect repellent, umbrella & onboard library
- FREE return transfers from Port Douglas accommodation (Cairns or Northern Beaches transfers currently unavailable)
Note: The below itinerary is for our best selling tour at 7.20am. We also have a 8.20am tour which is recommended for those self driving from Cairns or Northern Beaches. Transfers from Cairns & Northern Beaches currently unavailable
Departure: Approx 7:20 am
Pick up from local Port Douglas accommodation, meet your friendly guide for the day! Commentary starts right away!
Explore the ancient forest and see crystal clear waters over giant boulders. Great photo opportunity!
Cross the famous Daintree River by Cable Ferry
Entering the rich and diverse ecosystems of the wet tropics.
Destination Cape Tribulation
The only places where two World Heritage destinations meet. Go a little further and experience the true beauty of the lush tropical coast from Emmagen Beach.
Morning tea with fresh tropical fruit, cakes, Daintree Tea or freshly plunged coffee.
Guided Rainforest Walks
Enjoy personalised guided walks in the Marrdja or Dubuji or Jindalba. Embrace the rich diversity of this unique area with our local, knowledgeable guides and learn about the wonderful flora & fauna of the Daintree rainforest.
Cruise the Cooper Creek
Join the only tour boat permitted in the Cape Tribulation Section of Daintree National Park on a mangrove discovery tour in search of the estuarine crocodile.
Currently due to COVID we have a delicious picnic lunch. We choose a spot where you can leisurely stroll around on your own or sit back and relax. Please advise on any dietary requirements when booking
Daintree Ice-cream Company
Visit the Daintree Ice-cream Company, a delightful tropical fruit orchard and tropical garden. Watch the butterflies enjoy the tropical garden and perhaps you may even be lucky enough to see a Cassowary.
Enjoy panoramic views from the ‘top of the Daintree’. Sweeping views across the Daintree River, Snapper Island and Port Douglas.
Return to Port Douglas approximately 4.30 pm
What To Bring
- Comfortable clothing and a light raincoat if it is raining
- Flat shoes that you can walk in. Does not have to be walking shoes.
- We supply filtered water so recommend bringing your own water bottle for refills
- We supply morning tea and lunch. You are welcome to bring additional snacks and drinks. Please ensure you leave no rubbish behind
- Your camera! Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Cash for ice cream and additional drinks
Address:Daintree Tours – 21-23 Warner St, Port Douglas, QLD 4877
Full day exploring the Daintree National Park ex Port Douglas
***Recommended for children from 7 years & up.
Private charters are available for families with small children
Daintree Tours Inclusions
• Air-conditioned, comfortable vehicles
• Small personalised groups, max 11 guests
• On board commentary throughout the day
• Crocodile & wildlife spotting river cruise
• Mossman Gorge entry, ferry crossing and all National Park fees
• Morning tea and lunch in the rainforest
• Fully guided rainforest walks
• Insect repellent, umbrellas and on board library
Daintree Tours Exclusions
• Ice Cream from our visit to the Daintree Ice Cream Company
Daintree Tours Vehicles
• Comfortable Mercedes Sprinters
• 11 guests
• Large windows for great visibility
• Quiet, spacious vehicles
7:20AM-4:15PM(*7:20am departure available ex Port Douglas only)
Family(2 Adults+2 Child):$702
8:20AM to 5:15PM
Family(2 Adults+2 Child):$702
RETURN COACH TRANSFERS
Pick up time will be advised at time of booking. Guests requiring transfers from Cairns or Northern Beaches will be scheduled to depart on our 8:20AM service from Port Douglas.
EX CAIRNS – 6:50AM to 6:30PM
Family(2 Adults+2 Child):$148
EX NOTHERN BEACHES – 7:20AM to 6PM(*Only available for 8:20am Departure Child ages 3-14yrs for transfers)
Family(2 Adults+2 Child):$132
RAINFOREST & REEF – 2 DAYS
Day 1: Explore the ancient Daintree National Park with passionate and knowledgeable guides
Day 2: Snorkelling on the outer Great Barrier Reef at 3 sites with Calypso.
DAINTREE + CALYPSO SNORKEL & DIVE
RAINFOREST & ISLAND – 2 DAYS
Day 1: Explore the ancient Daintree National Park with passionate and knowledgeable guides.
Day 2: Choose your depature time on the half day tour to the picturesque Low Isles coral cay
DAINTREE + LOW ISLES HALF DAY