Stand on the exact spot where New Zealand’s founding document, the Treaty of Waitangi, was signed in 1840 with a day pass to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds! This historic place is the starting point of the formalization of New Zealand’s place as part of the British Empire; it’s so significant that there is even an official public holiday called Waitangi Day. With a 2 day pass from Klook, enter the historic location and discover the story of people uniting under the treaty Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Watch an inspiring and powerful Maori cultural performance in an authentic Meeting House. Afterwards, learn how the treaty has forged the unique land that is now called Aotearoa New Zealand from a friendly guide in the attraction then see ‘taonga’ (historical treasures), or watch an introductory film about the birthplace of a nation. If you’re fascinated about the people who changed NZ history as well as the unique Maori culture, then visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds!
- Children aged 0-17 can enter free of charge, but must be accompanied by at least one paying parent or caregiver
- This activity is stroller and wheelchair-accessible
- Cultural performances and guided tours are included in your ticket. Please select your preferred time for these activities upon checkout
- This offer is only available for NZ Residents and Passport Holder. Please show a valid NZ Drivers Licence or NZ Passport at entry. If you fail to show proof of residence, you will be required to pay the full rate.
- Re-entry to the venue is permitted. Show your ticket/wristband/stamp upon re-entry at the entrance
- The voucher is valid for 2 consecutive days starting from the date and time specified
How to Redeem
- Enter the venue directly with your voucher
- 26 Dec-28 Feb: 0900-1800, daily
- 1 Mar-24 Dec: 0900-1700, daily
- Closed on 25 Dec and 6 Feb
How To Get There
- It is also a nice walk along the waterfront from Paihia township, it takes around 25 minutes
- There are no public transportation options going directly to the location. Self-driving and taxi are recommended
Non-Refundable, For Trips affected by COVID-19, Travel Credit can be redeemed within 12 Months. Fare Difference will be charged for High season.