The drive from Auckland to Rotorua is a very common North Island route planned into New Zealand Itineraries for visitors exploring by road. The travel time for directly driving Auckland to Rotorua takes about 3 hours. While driving from Auckland to Rotorua takes a few hours, the trip will fly by with these awesome stop-offs – plus the drive from Auckland to Rotorua is also filled with amazing scenery!
If you want to experience the thrill of flying through the incredible surrounds of native New Zealand forest, then Rotorua Canopy Tours can provide you just that. New Zealand’s only native forest zip line canopy tour – allows you to experience the wonders of the ancient New Zealand native forest in a totally unique and exciting way.
The Rotorua Canopy tour guides are passionate, professional and friendly and will walk you through the history of the forest, pointing out some of the most unique flora and fauna in the world.
This Original Canopy Tour is eco-tourism at its absolute best – in fact, this tour just won a 2019 ‘100% Pure Experience’ Award. Your three-hour journey meanders through the treetops via walking trails, swing bridges, platforms and zip lines/ flying foxes at heights of up to 40 metres above the ground! The tour will take you into an ancient, pristine, forest where you’ll see and hear lots of beautiful native birds up close.
You’ll also find yourself 22m up in the air on our highest platform, and cross some phenomenal swing bridges. These vantage points will give you a whole new perspective on how special New Zealand’s native forests really are.
The guides are trained to keep you completely safe, and are guaranteed to make you smile! We’ll also show you why you’re at the heart of our conservation story and explain how you’re literally saving this forest from destruction. There’s truly no better way to explore the beauty of New Zealand’s native forests! If you want something higher, longer and more spectacular then check out the Ultimate Canopy Tour.
- The voucher is only valid on the specified date and time
- Participants must be aged 6+ to participate in this activity
- Children aged 6-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Participants must weigh between 0kg-120kg for this activity
- Group size: 4-11 participant(s)
- Please advise us if your child weighs less than 35kg
- It is recommended that you to arrange suitable travel insurance to cover any sickness, injury, or loss that may occur
- You will be provided with wet weather gear (if required) & all safety equipment
- You are welcome to bring your camera but it must have a small strap that can be attached to your harness
Prohibitions & Limitations
- Due to the nature of this activity, it is not recommended for persons with impaired physical mobility or those in wheelchairs
- This activity is not recommended for those with medical conditions (high blood pressure, epilepsy, etc.), pregnant women, or seniors
- This activity is not stroller and wheelchair-accessible
- This activity is available on
- Time: 06:30-16:30
- Tour stops and highlights: 3 Hours of Original Canopy Guided Experience, 2 Hour scenic drive South of Auckland into Waikato, 3 Hours of Original Canopy Guided Experience, Total 600m Zipline Adventure
Pick Up Information
Hotel Pick Up Information
- Hotel pick up and drop off services are available
- Be at your hotel lobby 30 minutes before your selected pick up time
- Please enter your hotel name and address at the checkout page
Other Pick Up Information
- Pick up and drop off services are available
- No refunds will be issued for late arrivals and/or no-shows once the activity starts