Departing either Airlie Beach, Hamilton Island or Daydream Island, spend a full day exploring the Great Barrier Reef, the World Heritage-listed wonder off the Queensland coast. The journey here through the lush Whitsunday Islands will have you reaching for your camera – watch for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September – but underwater is really where the magic happens. Incredible numbers of bright tropical fish and more than 1,400 species of coral await.
Beyond the Whitsundays, your destination is Reefworld, our multilevel reef facility permanently moored 39 nautical miles from shore at spectacular Hardy Reef. Snorkel, swim, dive and explore – an undersea encounter with this amazing ecosystem is unforgettable. Or if you’d rather stay dry, experience the reef from our underwater observatory or take a ride in a semi-submarine. After a sumptuous buffet lunch, you’ll have more time to explore before you head back to shore with lifelong memories of this epic Australian icon.
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- 4 hours at Hardy Reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris and scuba diving
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for a cool or windy day
- Credit card for optional activities (guided snorkelling safaris, scuba diving)
- Time: 08:00-18:10
- Depart from Port of Airlie
- Depart from Hamilton Island
- Arrive at reef pontoon
- Buffet lunch
- Pontoon activity (time varies depending on your preference)
- Return to Hamilton Island
- Return to Port of Airlie
Meet Up Information
- Be at the meet up location 40 minutes before the scheduled activity time
Port of Airlie
- Address: Maritime Terminal at 24 The Cove Road, Port of Airlie, Airlie Beach, QLD, Australia
- How to get there: On foot: The Port of Airlie is walking distance from most hotels and accommodation in Airlie Beach’s town centre. Allow around 10-20 minutes to walk from Main Street to the Maritime Terminal / Self drive: Parking is offered at the Maritime Terminal at Port of Airlie for a fee
PORT OF AIRLIE
NOTE: Changes may occur due to flight schedule changes and other factors. Where a Day Cruise is cancelled we will send notification to the contact details provided at the time of your booking. Itinerary is subject to prevailing weather and sea conditions including tides, wind, swell, sun and rain. The vessel’s Master must at his discretion determine the most appropriate course to ensure acceptable levels of safety and comfort for passengers, crew and other vessels.
Great Barrier Reef Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
Included in your cruise fare is a per head fee which goes to the Government. The money collected is used by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA) for the management and protection of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
NOTE: most Airlie accommodation is within walking distance to Port of Airlie. Coach transfers are however an option.
INTRODUCTORY SCUBA DIVE $139
SECOND INTRO DIVE $59
CERTIFIED SCUBA DIVE $109
SECOND CERT DIVE $59
SNORKEL SAFARI (ADULT) $59
SNORKEL SAFARI (CHILD) $35